Noted



I start my Hub Lead Blog (provisionally entitled “Noted”), in the strangest of times as we face the biggest peacetime crisis in memory. I thought, given all my inbox seems to hold these days is emails entitled “Coronavirus Update”, I wouldn’t be able to get through this inaugural post without referring to what is known in my house as #Covidgate aka THE VIRUS. However, I’m going to try a bit of Fawlty Towers inspired “don’t mention the virus” if you’d care to play along.* It had been my new year's resolution to regularly write a Hub blog but as with most things in my life, it’s a bit late (I have also been trying to work on my persistent lateness, having turned it into something of an art-form, more about this in future blogs perhaps). 




The last two weeks have been the most surreal of my life, personally and professionally. As well as managing a Music Hub, I also teach two days a week as well as, attempting to parent two young people, and the world for all of us; has changed unrecognisably. It has been pointed out to me, however, that as everything stops; the thing that keeps going - and keeps us all going - is music. The internet is now flooded with “virtual” responses to current events: isolation compositions, playoff challenges, streamed concerts and broadway shows, balcony performances and quarantine choirs (thanks Gareth!) - including one here in York. So much joyous footage of people being musical! Even the police could be found singing to housebound people in Malaga to raise spirits in increasingly unknown and fearful times.

Despite restricting our movement and contact, current events appear to be driving people's creativity and musicality. Remembering the proverb "Necessity is the mother of invention", perhaps there is a cause for celebration regarding the huge range of creative outpouring. At YMH we are hoping to channel some of this as we work towards setting up share.yorkmusichub.org.uk,  a forum for sharing and celebrating any music-making by young people. In addition, after Easter we will be offering some online music resources and tutorials for anyone (and I count myself amongst those poor souls) attempting to educate children at home or at school. 

I’ll sign off now, but will diligently stick to my resolution and keep in touch through this medium. I am hoping to use this blog as a forum for sharing and reflection, so please do get in touch if there is anything you’d particularly like me to feature. 


Till next time, over and out and keep well!


* How did I do? Managed not to actually mention “it” I think..



Comments

  1. Fantastic! #keeppeoplesinging #stayathomeandsing are my mottos currently.✅๐Ÿ’š๐ŸŽถ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, Molly. Will look out (I'm sure I can work it out) for the next one. This will be great for all your colleagues and musician friends to read. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Next 'episode' below I think

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After a long time, I read a very beautiful and very important article that I enjoyed reading. I have found that this article has many important points, I sincerely thank the admin of this website for sharing it. Get for more information Odia mp3 song download

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks For Sharing this article. Love from the hearth. Don't Forget to watch Dj Music: 6ix4orty4our - Getting Money ft. DJ Zee (Official Video)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks For shareing this article. Love from hreat. Don't Forget to watch
    animated scary stories : Slumlord - Part 2 | S2E12 | Animated Mystery Stories | Animated Scary Stories | Moral Stories

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks For shareing this article. Love from hreat. Don't Forget to watch
    animated scary stories : Slumlord - Part 2 | S2E12 | Animated Mystery Stories | Animated Scary Stories | Moral Stories

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Noted - Episode 11

Noted - Episode 10

Episode 9